14 January 2009

Don Quixote


Last night, T, Flea and I went to the Kennedy Center to see Don Quixote performed by the Mariinsky Ballet. We had quite good seats (thanks Daddy!), and it was wonderful. We didn't know it, but it was opening night, so it was a full house. The dancers were amazingly beautiful and so precise it was unreal. The orchestra was perfectly in time with the dancers, and the dancers were perfectly synchronized with each other.

Of course, we were not allowed to take photos, (and I forgot my camera anyway), but I was able to find this photo from the San Francisco Gate). Look at that point and arch! Every time I see a ballet on tv or live, I wish I hadn't quit. But then, I was never aiming to become a ballerina anyway. Flea and I have decided to look into taking a ballet class together next year. Now, I am just waiting to see if T and I will have a chance to see Swan Lake performed by the Washington Ballet next month!

No comments: