|This photo is just the stuff we brought home to give away!|
|Look at those giant, sweet blueberries!|
My youngest sister, Sneetch has been helping me get all my inventory photographed so I can stock my Etsy store and I've listed books on Amazon to try to decrease our book collection a little. So far, so good!
In other news, today Sneetch and I made a variation of a veggie stir-fry type dish Feder taught me to make while we were at the beach. I've never been a fan of squash/zucchini type veggies, but this dish has made me change my mind! It's super simple to cook up and nearly zero points on the Weight Watchers program! Here's the recipe, as I made it, if you can call it a recipe; it's super simple!
|Summer veggie stir fry!|
Delicious Summer Veggie Stir Fry
1/2 t olive oil
1/2 t butter
1 yellow squash (long and not too bulbous at the bottom = fewer seeds = better)
1 zucchini squash
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 cob of cooked, fresh, sweet corn
- Wash the squashes and cut off the ends (I cut off about 1/2 an inch from each end). Cut in half lengthwise and then slice, making half circles about 1/4" thick.
- Wash and cut up the peppers, removing all the insides and seeds. Pieces should be bite size.
- Break the corn cob in half and pick off all the corn kernels. If the corn is cooked right, you should be able to easily pick off a row or two of kernels one at a time and then remove entire rows at one go.
- Time to cook! In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter together over med-high heat. Toss in the squash half circles and allow to cook until slightly soft; but not translucent! Stir infrequently so that some pieces get a nice golden brown colour.
- Add in the pepper pieces and cook until slightly soft. The peppers should add a nice, light crunch.
- When squashes and peppers are just about done, toss in the corn kernels and turn off heat, leaving the pan on the burner.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature!